Sky, our beloved Black Labrador, went missing on 1st December 2008. We have been trying very hard to find him, and have been overwhelmed by the number of neighbours, friends and complete strangers who have been offering help and support. With so many people helping we cannot make calls in person to keep everyone up to date with the search, so this blog is our way of letting everyone know what is happening. CONTACT NUMBERS FOR US ARE 07951-722747 (PREFERABLE) OR 07921-545615

Thursday 19 February 2009

white van man

Sharp-eyed Bren spotted a white van similar (possibly identical?) to the one parked in the lay-by on Monday when the trap was stolen, in exactly the same spot this afternoon, with a scruffy looking man there. This time we got the licence number. Thanks Bren!
Pete called me and I called the police but haven't heard back. The van left before the police could have got there but I'd hope they'd run the licence plate through their system and if they found lots of previous criminal records would find some excuse to "pop by" in the next day or two.
I have a little dream that in this person's address they find our Sky, and this person is sabotaging us just to get us off his trail.
No phone calls from the hotel or McDonald's. Sounds like this was yet another red herring.
One of receptionists today cut out a bit from a newspaper where a family in Montana USA lost their retriever who darted after some deer, and 6 months later after a Montana winter (which would make ours look like a little cold snap) he popped up and was reunited with them. No-one could account for where he'd been or how he'd survived. Now I know Leicestershire isn't rural in a Montana kind of a way, but still there's hope. Very nice of our receptionist to think of us and try to cheer us up.

1 comment:

  1. Ffion, Tim - every day I read this and my heart goes out to you. I know how emotional upset can affect your work and I know only the tip of what you are going through personally - if I could wave a magic wand I would happily do so. Keep that positivity you have and look after each other as you are doing - miracles can and do happen.

    ReplyDelete