Sky, our beloved Black Labrador, went missing on 1st December 2008. We have been trying very hard to find him, and have been overwhelmed by the number of neighbours, friends and complete strangers who have been offering help and support. With so many people helping we cannot make calls in person to keep everyone up to date with the search, so this blog is our way of letting everyone know what is happening. CONTACT NUMBERS FOR US ARE 07951-722747 (PREFERABLE) OR 07921-545615

Saturday 18 April 2009

waiting for news

Sorry Sky followers - going through CCTV footage takes ages so we haven't heard back from Michelle, the dog warden, with a result of 5 days' filming. As she collected the camera from the house with a view to Copse No.3 on Wednesday apparently a neighbour had seen a black labrador Saturday lunchtime. We are desperate to know more information.
I wish people would realise that things like that are worth a phone call. I could have been out there in 10 minutes with the binoculars. Aaagghhh!
Last night most of the dog meat and biscuit had gone from the bowl there, but it wasn't licked clean, and I've never known our Sky leave a micro-particle of food behind. With the rain, our scent (trainer and rag) would have been diluted and Tim saw a fox make a fast exit as I approached so most likely Mr Foxy had a nice dinner. It's amazing how fresh human scent keeps them off.
The other day Casey my niece asked if we fed Sky rabbit. I said it was one of the 4 flavours of Pedigree pouches he used to have. She thought this was a good thing, as he'd have the taste for it and the copse is next to a big rabbit warren. Very astute, I thought!
This morning I'm wearing the left trainer to swap it for the right trainer. Not so sure I'll wear the right one again, hmmm. And there's a rag in our bed which I'll take with me. I think I'll add the infamous tripe sticks to the bowl, as no creatures seem to like those. We don't know that Sky would but the dog wardens swear by them!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ffion and Tim

    He's there alright - I think you should do the sleeping out in the copse idea. I'm happy to do that too on another night - a friend of mine's up for it to do it with me - so just let me know what your imminent plans are. He's just playing Mr. Elusive and its so frustrating for you - for us all. We are closing in . . . . Rachel and Charlie xx

    ReplyDelete