Sky, our beloved Black Labrador, went missing on 1st December 2008. We have been trying very hard to find him, and have been overwhelmed by the number of neighbours, friends and complete strangers who have been offering help and support. With so many people helping we cannot make calls in person to keep everyone up to date with the search, so this blog is our way of letting everyone know what is happening. CONTACT NUMBERS FOR US ARE 07951-722747 (PREFERABLE) OR 07921-545615

Tuesday 21 April 2009

A Dog and Mouse Game

Not much to report really.
Michelle is apparently on annual leave so we are unlikely to get a verdict from the CCTV footage until next Monday. SIGHHHHH...............
Tonight the food bowl had been emptied however, including the tripe stick. Well there was a little bit of Pedigree gubbins at the bottom. I'd put quite a lot of meat and biscuit in. There were mouse droppings around but they could never shift a tripe stick - these are quite big. My trainer was in the same position.
As I drew up in my Cheeky Jeepy Pete and Bren, as usual, were kindly keeping an eye out with binoculars, and thought they saw something black, fleetingly, in front of the hedge in Big Field no.1. However there are an awful lot of black crows around, which catch all the Sky Spotters out, incessantly, much to our annoyance.
I hung around a bit but there were 2 dog walkers and 3 horse riders around so I figured that if he was going to try to slip away along a hedge I'd have seen him. However he had been heading in the direction of the large copse off Green Lane, so could easily have laid low there.
Thanks to Rachel for offering to "sleep out". A very generous offer. I've thought about this and the weather is great at the moment. I think the scent is important so there's only really any point in me and Tim being there. Tim's in Brighton for the annual conference of our College of Emergency Medicine, back tomorrow night. Maybe we'll camp out Thurs or Fri evening, especially if the food keeps going.

3 comments:

  1. My daughter Hatty saw SKY's 'lost' advert in the Nottingham Evening Post and rang after she spotted a lone black lab. We never saw it again but since then have been thinking about you both and Sky, and whilst 'googling' today (don't tell my husband he thinks I am busy doing housework) I found your blog. Have become a follower, photo is of Lulu my 1 year old Labradoodle, and we are keeping our fingers crossed for some good news for you soon. We are some miles away near Long Eaton if but if you ever need an extra pair of hands and 4 more paws we are here! Good luck, The Barker Family x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen. Yes we remember the call. As you can see, we think it was unrelated, but it's so frustrating not knowing if this local dog is Sky. If we knew it wasn't we could spend all that time and energy in other directions. But hats off to Hatty and people like her who actually bother to pick up the phone. Without the calls we'd be nowhere at all. Thanks for the offer for more hands and paws. I do think it's worth another flush out attempt like we did 2 weeks ago. After we've heard the verdict on the CCTV footage we can decide whether to try again in the same area or move a bit to the disused railway area which is no.2 place for sightings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just come across your story about sky,I have 3 labs myself one of which is a 9wk old black boy,I can imagine the pain you must be going through.I hope that you find sky soon.Best of luck from Karen,Meggie,Jack & Alfie

    ReplyDelete